On the face of it, you may think that your staff would want nothing better than to spend time out of the office participating in a team-building day – no matter what it involves.
However, research conducted by the British Heart Foundation (reported on by Croner-i Human Resources) saw 33% of participations calling such days boring.
For a time and money investment that is solely aimed at creating a positive atmosphere amongst employees, this is a huge red flag, so what can be done to turn things around?
- Invite more – not only should you involve staff from all levels of the workforce (from directors to operatives) but also ask for suggestions about what the day should involve
- Use Insight more – gather feedback about each day held (what did staff enjoy or dislike) and use this information when deciding upon future events
- Invest more – purchase a more unusual activity that employees are likely to have never done before
Croner Simply Personnel comes with a Training Manager module that can help by:
- Sending reminders – you can alert employees that the event is upcoming, which is useful for those with busy work schedules
- Prompting post-event feedback – it is all-too-easy to forget about an event once it has happened, so a useful reminder means that gathering feedback does not get forgotten
- Recording costs – a useful reminder when reporting on the investment you have made in your workforce
To find out more about Croner Simply Personnel or start your free 30 day trial, please call 0844 693 1247 opt 1 or email email@example.com.
Calls cost 7p per minute plus your telephone company’s access charge